7th Annual Village Festival “Taybeh Oktoberfest” – October 1 & 2, 2011 – 11 am – 10 pm.
Come! Have a great fun! Learn about Palestinian culture! Have sightseeing in Taybeh! Support the local products of the village!
Taybeh Oktoberfest 2011 is a beer festival organized in Taybeh, a Palestinian village close to Ramallah, which has its own – only one in Palestine – beer brewery. The festival is organized annually in October since 2005, not just to promote Taybeh Beer but all local Palestinian products made in the village.
This year the festival’s organizations prepared for us a lot of attractions. Just look at the attached picture to know the events. Most of the happenings take place in Taybeh’s Municipality, but not only! The whole village participate in the happening so you can find things going on in the Old City, Greek Catholic Hall and many local restaurants.
Great thing is the 3 hours Taybeh Walk organized by Walking Palestine group, which starts at the Taybeh Brewery (Saturday at 1:30 pm, Sunday at 11 am). There will be also Comedy show, Taybeh Heritage Exhibition, Hand Crafts Exhibitions, Village Tours and possibility to visit Taybeh Brewery!
You simply can’t miss that festival if you are in Palestine at the beginning of October!!
In the Biblical times Taybeh was called Ephraim and it was visited by Jesus (John 11:54). The village changed its name after Salahdin (1187), who according to the tradition found the local Christians very hospitable and generous – he called them “Taybeen” – in Arabic meaning “good”.
What to see in Taybeh?
- Byzantine Ruins of St. George Greek Orthodox Church, “Al-Khader”
- Greek Orthodox Church, Fr. Daoud Philip Khoury (4th century mosaics in small chapel)
- Greek Catolic Church, St. George, Fr. Jack Abed
- Latin Church of the Redeemer, Fr. Raed Abu Sahlieh
- Taybeh Brewering Company, Mr. Nadim C. Khoury, master brewer
- Olive Branch Foundation
- “The Parables House”, Palestinian Traditional Home (Latin Convent)
- New Modern Olive Press (open olive season only)
- “Beit Efram” for eldery and handicapped
- Taybeh Museum and Stone Cutting School
So… Come! Have a great fun! Learn about Palestinian culture! Have sightseeing in Taybeh! Support the local products of the village!
Visitor Information Bethlehem wishes you a great fun in Taybeh!
For more information visit websites of Taybeh Municipality and Greek Orthodox Church in Taybeh. Read as well the article about the festival by the Oktoberfest organizer – Maria Khoury published in This Week in Palestine.