Visitor Information Center prepared this short article to show you that Bethlehem is a very enjoyable place to stay while you are travelling across Palestine. The points are ordered randomly – order them yourself according to your personal preferences and interests 🙂
- Place of the “Beginning” – Bethlehem is the capital of Christmas – the place where Jesus was born. His birth gave its beginning to Christianity. Visit the Nativity Church and the Nativity Grotto.
- Hospitable People – Right away you are going to notice that people wish to offer their help in finding your direction; they might also invite you for a tea or coffee; you might look for a home stay with a family from the area etc. Invest in the sustainable tourism – interact with the locals!
- Delicious Food – Bethlehem has plenty of small restaurants with local food like falafel or hummus, grilled meat or fresh salads 🙂
- Heritage and Culture – Bethlehem keeps its culture; it Heritage Centers and Museums; Old City of Bethlehem is a great example of town’s heritage
- Events and Activities – There is really often something going on – or concerts, or tether plays, or exhibitions, film screenings etc. Check the VIC BLOG for the updates.
- Interesting Nature Around Bethlehem – If walking in the nature or villages surrounding Bethlehem you might seen landscapes nature you have never seen in other places.
- Accommodation Available – Everything depends what kind of accommodation you are looking for: hotels, family guest houses, youth hostels, stay in a convent – that everything is available in Bethlehem!
- Traditional items shopping – special embroidered textiles, mother of pearl or olive wood items, unique ceramics and things made from glass and many many more…
- Possibility of voluntary services in different fields – do you want to volunteer in Bethlehem? Write to VIC what is in your interest and we are going to help you in finding a place.
- Good Prices – take a look below:
POSIBLE low budget PRICES in Bethlehem:
- Budget accommodation per night: 15-20 $
- Full Palestinian meal: 5 $ – 7 $
- Lemonade with mint: 2.5 $
- Falafel sandwich: 1 $ NIS
- Private taxi ride “from Bethlehem to Beit Sahour”: 4 $ – 5 $ (remember to bargain with the taxi drivers)
- Service (shared taxi): less than 1 $
- You can enter all the holy sights for free
- Museums: free – 4 $ per person
For more information and tips about your stay in Bethlehem please contact the Visitor Information Center. We are here to help you enjoy your stay in Palestine!