The pools, located south of Bethlehem, were a part of an ancient waterway system supplying water to Jerusalem, Herodion and Bethlehem.
This year the organizers of the first Solomon Pools’ Ramadan Nights Festival offer you a long list of cultural and social events at the complex surrounding the ancient pools. Every evening, during Ramadan (10.07 – 10.08.2013), besides the shopping possibilities of the vibrant Sultan Bazaar, the audiences will be entertained by singers and dancers performing traditional Palestinian songs.
During the month of Ramadan, Muslims fast from dawn to sunset, with the month ending with the Eid-al Fitr celebration. Thus the site becomes alive just around 9 pm and the events are scheduled for night hours.
The aim of the festival is to highlight the importance of Solomon’s Pools as a heritage site. The complex offers also a Murad Castle Museum and Kani Mani Restaurant in a beautiful setting of the ancient 17th century small Turkish castle, built to guard the pools.
Everybody is welcome to join the festivities!
08/01/2013 – ARAB IDOL MOHAMMAD ASSAF
- 01/08 – Arab Idol Mohammad Assaf
- 02/08 – A’mmar Hassan + The Star so New Star Show
- 03/08 – Hsein Salman + Zaman Band
- 04/08 – Trio Jubran + Suwan Band
- 05/08 – Yousef Arafat + Al Midan Theatre
- 06/08 – Hani Mitwasi + DAM Band + Palestinian Circus
- 07/08 – Haitham Shomali + Raneen Bsharat + Salam Abu Amneh
- 2nd Eid Day – Fadi Andraws
- 3rd third Eid Day – Asale Nasri
For more info and reservations call (02)-2768661 or 0569-768661
(for families and couples only)
Visit the Facebook page of: the Solomon Pools’ Ramadan Nights Festival 2013
**If you would like to join the festival and do not have a car, the best idea would be just to agree with a certain taxi driver to pick you up from the site and take you back to your accommodation.**