The months of October and November mark the Olive Harvest season in Palestine. It is always a very a joyful and celebrated time of the year as the Palestinian culture is deeply connected with their fertile fruitful land. The Palestinian people have always considered the olive tree as both an indispensable element of their livelihood and a symbolic token of peace and prosperity.
The Olive Harvest season brings a lot of festivals and workshops in all over the country. The core of all the festivals at that time is traditionally the folk entertainment – Palestinian culture, traditional dance and clothing, as well as traditional markets selling organic products made from olives.
Farmers, representatives of cooperatives, fair trade distributors, and international volunteers gather together. If you want to participate in the activities – know that many organizations are looking for people who could help in gathering the olives and other activities.
Here are some useful links where you can find more information about the projects and tours:
- Olive Picking Program with JAI Advocacy and Alternative Tourism Group – 19.10 – 28.10.2013
- Canaan Fair Trade Harvest Tour – 26.10 – 02.11.2013
- Palestine Fair Oil Harvest – 25.10 – 04.11.2013
- Olive Harvest Delegation – 26.10 – 08.11.2013
- Zaytoun Olive Picking Trip
- Right to My Olives in the area of Nablus – 22.10 from 8 am till 6:30 – 7 pm